*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS 7:30AM-3:00PM—weekly. ***
(1) Turnover/flip and refresh guest rooms with the highest level of detail, cleanliness, and quality. Our guests expect no stone to go unturned, or surface or crack to be missed. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to learn Elmwood’s very particular cleaning and guest protocol shortly after training and must maintain provided standards throughout employment.
(2) Keep all common areas in top notch condition at all times during shift by dusting, vacuuming, straightening/polishing items, refreshing beverage stations, keeping glasses clean, mopping porches, wiping banisters, blowing sidewalks, etc.
(3) Act as a most gracious steward and forward-facing representative when greeting guests. Assist as needed with providing additional cleaning, laundry, dishes, and carrying luggage to rooms as a courtesy. Must have a good personality, enjoy interacting with others, and understand the expectations high-quality luxury travelers.
(4) Assist Chef/Innkeeper in delivering Breakfast Service to rooms in the most hygienic and beautifully presented way possible. Candidates must be able to carry trays with food to rooms upstairs; follow strict instructions for how to set up dining tables, dinnerware, flatware, glasses, napkins/folding.
(5) Support service and cleaning stuff during special events.
(6) Manage time extremely wisely so as to be able to maintain our gold standard of excellence, but also ensure rooms and spaces are promptly ready by expected guest check-in times.
*** MUST BE ABLE TO CLIMB STEEP STAIRS WITH LOADS OF DISHES, LAUNDRY, AND OTHER ITEMS MULTIPLE TIMES DURING A SHIFT AND LIFT >50Ibs. ***
Elmwood 1820 Bed & Breakfast Inn $12 / hour